vmware-guestd6: error during make install

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sat Sep 4 06:50:26 UTC 2010

El día Friday, September 03, 2010 a las 12:53:35PM -0700, Rob Farmer escribió:

> Assuming you aren't in a US export restricted country (Cuba, Iran,
> North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) I should be able to give you a legal
> copy.

Rob,

Thanks for this. Btw: It's a pity that I'm not in Cuba, I'm living in
the cold and rainy Germany :-)

Meanwhile I have updated the port emulators/open-vm-tools to version
253928 which compiles, installs and works just fine in my system. The
vmware driver for Xorg gives you a lot of very high resolutions which
hides all the Win shit behind the FreeBSD VM.

I could also solve the sound problem. In VMware you need the driver
snd_es137x. I need this for Skype. I still have to figure out how
my USB video cam will work, the rest works now again as it was working
in the real laptop.

Thanks again for your help

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211