Jabber/XXMP suggestions?

Ryan Coleman editor at d3photography.com
Thu Oct 28 16:45:30 UTC 2010

What are your recommendations for a Jabber server? I've tried to get jabberd (2) installed but had PAM issues with it; previously ran openfire but wasn't happy with it running in Java and the same goes, now, with ejabberd which I haven't installed but also runs on Java.

Not a lot of users, but I'd like to have SSL and the possibility of a "guest" account to hook through my website to do customer support when I'm online. I'll worry about how to make that happen later.

Thanks,

Ryan