how to disable SCTP kernel in FreeBSD

Rob Farmer rfarmer at predatorlabs.net
Mon Oct 25 14:35:54 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 07:11, Chetan Shukla <chetan.shukla at aricent.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> How we can disable SCTP kernel in FreeBSD.
> I tried lsmod and kldstat but neither of them worked.

lsmod is a linux command and kldstat shows modules that are loaded. In
the GENERIC kernel SCTP is compiled in, so it won't show up this way
unless you run kldstat -v (and it can't be unloaded since there's no
module).

I'm not familiar with SCTP, but I bet you can shut it off/control it
with sysctl (assuming it does anything by default).

To completely delete support for it will require building a custom kernel.

--
Rob Farmer