need help with php.

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Tue Oct 19 06:23:46 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 11:58:29PM -0400, Brad Mettee wrote:
> I do a lot with PHP.
>
> We can discuss on the list or in private.

	How about we start onlist and if there are any complaints, we
	can take it off-list?  I did keep it up and by now I feel like
	I've been beat up by somebody with a club... .

> Does PHP fail to run, or are you seeing errors thrown by it?

	Completely fail;  I find had minor errors before lang/php5
	compiled correctly.  Then, still nothing.  Typing "php" at a
	root prompt outputs these warnings.  What's strange is that I
	_thought_ I had mysql set up correctly.

root at ethic:/usr/local/www/apache22/data# php
PHP Warning:  Module 'mysql' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Module 'session' already loaded in Unknown on line 0

	Does this mean anything obvious to you?  I have my mysql notes
	on two other computers and will dig into the matter in the
	morning.  IIRC, the mysql stuff shouldn't have any effect on a
	counter.

> What's the URL of the failing script?

	www.thought.org/ or www.thought.org/index.php and the counter,
	www.thought.org.counter.php.  I hacked the counter several years
	ago.  I'll send you the script offlist, if you want.

	Final thought is that this can't be _that_ big a deal... I hope.

    The 7.90a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php
                           http://journey.thought.org