chromium crashes

Byung-Hee HWANG bh at izb.knu.ac.kr
Sun Oct 17 06:12:09 UTC 2010

Marco Beishuizen <mbeis at xs4all.nl> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to run chromium as browser today but it crashes immediately:

> [1016/211130:WARNING:base/debug_util_posix.cc(228)] Don't know how to
> do this
> The program 'chrome' received an X Window System error.
> This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> The error was 'BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)'.
>   (Details: serial 741 error_code 10 request_code 139 minor_code 1)
>   (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
>    that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
>    To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
>    option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
>    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
> function.)
> marco at yokozuna:~% opera
> opera [crash logging]: Can't read kernel memory: : /dev/mem:
> Permission denied
> opera [crash logging]: CRASH!!
> <no name> got signal SIGSEGV at address 298C9B5D
>
> Has anyone else has this too?
> Thanks in advance.
> Regards,
> Marco

Chrome runs without errors on my desktop (8.1-RELEASE i386).
There is only one message at the start time.

//
[1017/150910:WARNING:base/debug_util_posix.cc(228)]
Don't know how to do this
//

Sincerely,

--
소여물 황병희(黃炳熙) | .. 출항 15분전..

"I wanta see more of the kids too. I want to settle down a little bit."
		-- Johnny Fontane, "Chapter 12", page 161