how now [green] KDE?

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Sun Oct 10 04:43:45 UTC 2010

Guys,

A friend spend a few hours taking out my crummy IOGear KVM switch
that failed to work properly.  He dropped in a Belkin; so now I
*can* button over to my Dell dou server and get X11 working.  Plus
lots of other things.

I want some GUI so I can get my UPS set up properly.  Right now, the
server is text-only.  What ports to I need to install to get the
X-Window System up?  I'll probably use KDE and some other GUI stuff.
I will eventually use the server as a print server for anything OOo
or PDF.  Whatever.

It has been nearly ten years since I last dealt with
getting-X-going.  Right now I have ballpark 530 ports installed.
Can anybody give me the command that I can type from /usr/ports?
Also, what do I add to ~kline/[*]?

tia, y'all,

gary

    The 7.90a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php