if_bwn woes

Eitan Adler lists at eitanadler.com
Thu Oct 7 21:11:36 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/7/10, Eitan Adler <lists at eitanadler.com> wrote:
>>> Looks like you cant associate at all.
>>> Also signal power is too low.
>>>
>>> Why is INT (beacon interval of AP) 102 ?
>>
>> These are the defaults - I have no idea what these numbers mean. What
>> should/could I be changing?
>
> I doubt that AP have capatibility to change that.
> Anyway maybe you could associate if your txpower is big enough...

Sorry - I realized a brief portion of out conversation was done off-list.

I just noticed that when I put in the ssid ifconfig seems to be
cycling among multiple channels (1,5, 11,12,13 ,14 and maybe others).

I'm not sure what this behavior means.

What would the best way see why I can't connect be?

I tried
$ifconfig wlan0 txpower 50
but txpower stays at 30.

Is this for sure a signal strength problem? it worked when I used ndis
from the same location.

--
Eitan Adler