Which OS for notebook

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Wed Oct 6 04:46:37 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 10:41:13PM -0300, Gonzalo Nemmi wrote:

> In my personal experience I have found that creating, maintaining and
> handling rpm packages is a lot easier than creating ports or keeping the
> software up to date using packages.

I find working with the ports system easier, as an end user, than DEB-
and RPM-based systems that I've used.  I have never built DEB- or
RPM-based packages, and the one time I tried creating a port I failed
(though frankly I didn't try that hard -- it was just an experiment when
I was bored one evening), so I guess I'll have to take your word for it
when it comes to creating ports.