Which OS for notebook

Erich Dollansky erichfreebsdlist at ovitrap.com
Mon Oct 4 17:30:04 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Monday 04 October 2010 12:11:30 Leandro F Silva wrote:

> Which OS are you using on your notebook, FreeBSD / Linux or MAC ?
> Also, can you tell us the hardware, Sony / HP etc..

there is no general answer.

You must select an individual model first and see then if the hardware is supported.

I use normally FreeBSD 7 or 8 but I installed Fedora on a single machine as there is no driver for the LAN available in FreeBSD.

If I remember right, wireless was not a problem there.

So, choose a model and ask then again.

Ok, I have FreeBSD 7 running on an older Fujitsu Lifebook. 8.0 gave me problems with USB.

Erich