CYRUS IMAP cyradm core dump problem

Reko Turja reko.turja at liukuma.net
Mon Oct 4 11:45:57 UTC 2010

> Am Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 03:05:30PM +0300 Reko Turja schrieb:
>> > I applied the patch as suggested by Reko, but it seemed to make
>> > no
>> > difference
>>
>> After the patch recompiling and linking at least SASL is needed
>> after
>> buildworld and inatallation of new world.
>>
>> > removing libgssapiv2 libs however, solved my cyradm problem
>> >
>> > will this cause issues into the future for any other ports I may
>> > need ti
>> > install ?
>>
>> Unless you need kerberos authentication at some point, removing the
>> libs is non-issue.
>
> I'm running in the same situation as you (see
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=846230+852662+/usr/local/www/db/text/2010/freebsd-stable/20101003.freebsd-stable). I
> did tried
> a lot but end up in a broken make buildworld. Any ideas waht I'm
> doing wrong?

I sadly don't have any idea if the patch applies cleanly anymore to
recent 8.STABLE - I did my testing on 8.1_PRERELEASE, where the patch
applied cleanly. There was some talk about updating the patch when the
problem was discussed more widely, but nothing has been realised this
far.

I might be able to test the patch against 8.STABLE on my home system
sometime this week - as of myself I just did some testing and
troubleshooting back when the problem was discussed, as for myself
having working Kerberos is still non-issue.

Of course if Kerberos functionality is critical for you, you could try
removing Kerberos from base system using /etc.src.conf and then
install either kerberos from ports and then linking sasl/cyrus against
that.

-Reko