Massive portupgrade without being interrupted by configuration screens?

Jerry freebsd.user at seibercom.net
Sat Oct 2 15:55:45 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 10:05:33 -0500
Doug Poland <doug at polands.org> articulated:

> If I understand the OPs question correctly, I believe setting the
> environment variable BATCH=yes will give desired results with
> portupgrade.  This will cause port compile defaults to be used in
> lieu of an existing /var/db/ports/*/options file.

I was of the opinion, and I could be wrong, that setting 'BATCH=yes'
simply stopped the build process from attempting to create an options
file; however, it would use an existing one if it was present. Perhaps
someone with more intimate knowledge of this would care to comment. I
say this because I have used the BATCH technique once I had all of my
ports configured the way I wanted. Subsequent updates always appeared to
use any existing configuration files.

--
Jerry ✌
FreeBSD.user at seibercom.net