router / firewall with PF and carp.

jorge espada espada.jorge at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 12:17:42 UTC 2010

I can say that both of them are pretty good choice, in my personal
experience I had the same configuration that you are planning to implement
qith two servers on OpenBsd 4.6 + carp+ bgp as a router in a huge network ,
the only problem was some well know bug with carp and bgp..that for some
reason some times one of the server nic (carp-backup) try to became master,
when wasn't necesary... and the routes were screwed up.
But now with the new openbsd 4.8, if i were you  I would give it a try

Jorge E. Espada