new user questions. (Before I back myself into a corner!)

Chris Brennan xaero at xaerolimit.net
Fri Nov 26 14:54:14 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 6:30 AM, Dave <dave at g8kbv.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>   Yes, I found that, good info.  I'm relying on the freebsd.org site man
> pages and documentation among others, as I'm finding it too inconvenient
> (bad short term memory) using the man pages on the system.  At least I
> can have the website pages open on a nearby laptop.

There are two options that I know of that could make this part easier for
you

1) screen (tried and true) can do split windows/multiple windows although
I've never been able to correctly figure it out

2) tmux (the pretentious upstart), it's a quick install and it's built in
help (^b?) is eternally useful and it's options make more sense then screen
(to me at least)

Don't get me wrong, both serve there purpose. Personally, I prefer tmux but
I still use screen for some things. So the choice comes down to what you
find that works for you.