foo; no such thing as a "dual-nic" atom firewall

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Thu Nov 25 02:41:37 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 08:14:01PM -0600, Adam Vande More wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 7:20 PM, Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:
>
> >        Anybody?
> >

> Gary, in case you didn't catch it the pcengines link already given to you is
> low power setup with comsumption comparable or better than an Atom.  It's
> also been tested with FreeBSD and pfSense according to the manufacturers
> site.  There's nothing wrong with Atom, but different models have different
> chipsets/NIC's and there may be a possibility of unsupported hardware.
> Perhaps it might be easier for you to go with a known commodity.
>
> pfSense documentation is offered on their website as well as community
> support.  I suggest you start there.

	Thanks Adam,

	I forwarded the other model to my friend at the U and didn't
	hear back.  --Of course, for lots of the civilian class, it is
	almost T'giving :-)  Good thing there is ~three weeks left... .

	gary

           Journey Toward the Dawn, E-Book: http://www.thought.org
          The 7.97a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org