Upgrade from 7.x to 8.x

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 12:27:48 UTC 2010

Forget the manual process. Use tested procedures:
http://people.freebsd.org/~rse/upgrade/freebsd-upgrade-7x-8x.txt<http://people.freebsd.org/%7Erse/upgrade/freebsd-upgrade-7x-8x.txt>
I even used those procedures <http://people.freebsd.org/%7Erse/upgrade/> to
upgrade one system from 6.4 to 7.x and finally to 8.1.

One thing you should note:
*s/*compat7x-`uname -m`-7.2.702000.200906.1.tbz*/*compat7x-`uname
-m`-7.3.703000.201008.tbz*/g*

Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
Nairobi,KE