Got an error: Unknown option "DDB_CTF"

Weihang Wang weihang at vt.edu
Tue Nov 23 02:58:42 UTC 2010

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, now I still got problems. I have checked the release notes of versions later than 6.0, almost every version has not so few changes in their network protocols kernel. For example, some functions were replaced by others, arguments for a function is not needed in a later version, things like that... This will make the transport protocol does not work. But if I go through to adapt the protocol to a new version, that would be lots of work. Also, that's not what I supposed to do.
On the other hand, I could not find other kind of instrumenting tools for FreeBSD either. E.g., Systemtap, LLtng, Oprofile e.t. which are all for Linux kernel.
In terms of not on real machine, I have thought of using some kind of simulator, which could be used to get the performance statistics of the kernel. That is, I run the kernel and transport protocol on this simulator, and get information from this simulator. But again, not found a simulator for FreeBSD...
BTW, I do not know how to use VM to do this... Could you explain a bit for me? Thank you so much.

Best,
W.Wang