Got an error: Unknown option "DDB_CTF"

Weihang Wang weihang at vt.edu
Mon Nov 22 17:05:09 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I am a totally newbie to FreeBSD. I am building a custom kernel based on FreeBSD 6.0 kernel (I have to use this version cause I need to run an application which is only available for FreeBSD 6.0). I conform to the handbook to add the following lines in kernel configuration file to enable DTrace support:

options	KDTRACE_FRAME
options	KDTRACE_HOOKS
options	DDB_CTF
makeoptions WITH_CTF=1

Then I use the following commands to recompile my kernel and install this new kernel:

make buildkernel KERNCONF=KERNELNAME
make installkernel KERNCONF=KERNELNAME

The compiling process encounters an error: Unknown option "DDB_CTF", I have no idea how to fix this?

Could anyone help me to see why this happens??
Thanks in advance.

Best,
W. Wang