Fwd: FBSD 8 php 52 extensions dependency on X11 ???

Alejandro Imass ait at p2ee.org
Sat Nov 20 21:30:16 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Amitabh Kant <amitabhkant at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 10:18 PM, Alejandro Imass <ait at p2ee.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Whilst installing some (many) of the php 52 extensions in a jail I
>> suddenly realized I was about to install X11 and a whole bunch of x11
>> related deps.
>> Would some kind soul explain to me which php 52 extension requires X11
>> ??? Should it not say it EXPLICITLY??? !!!

[...]

>> Also, is there another command or make option that would have warned
>> me of the Xvfb or xorg dependencies??
>> Many thanks in advance,
>>
>> --
>> Alejandro Imass
>
> Either use WITHOUT_X11=yes in your make line, or have WITHOUT_X11=yes in
> your /etc/make.conf file beofre you run the make command. Can't help you
> with generating correct dependency list though.

Thanks for the tip. The ming extension was in fact the culprit. Now
I'm guessing there must be a way to recursively analyze dependencies!

Anyway, IMHO the comment on the ming module should state clearly that
it requires a complete X server. Granted though, I shouldn't have
selected that extension anyway, I did by mistake, so maybe if I knew
what it was it would have been obvious, who knows...