(no subject)

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed Nov 17 09:42:09 UTC 2010

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 10:42:17 +0300, hasanhasanli Hasan <hasanhasanli at mail.ru> wrote:
> I have FreeBSD 7.3. How recover was deleted files in FreeBSD? Help me

Due to the nature of the UFS file system, please note
that recovering deleted files may be a VERY complicated
process, and there is no way to totally make sure it
will be successful.

Having such a problem myself (accidentally deleted a whole
subtree with video files), I would suggest you try the
famous "The Sleuth Kit" from ports (sysutils/sleuthkit).

After installing it, you'll find useful information in
/usr/local/share/doc/sleuthkit/ref_fs.txt which contains
a kind of recipe on how to recover files. It describes
in detail what you can try.

In any case, do NOT continue using the disk in question,
the risk that files to be recovered getting overwritten
is present. Make a copy of the partition in question
(using dd) and work with the copy only.

The recoverdisk program (/sbin/recoverdisk) comes with
the base system and should also be mentioned.

There are also commercial products (that often offer a
free trial version) that allow such kind of recovery.
Maybe you can try "File Restore Professional" and later
on purchase it (demo version at www.pcrecovery.com
available).

Good luck!

PS. Please use a *descriptive* subject line when posting
    to this list. This makes sure your message isn't
    overlooked or misidentified as spam.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany