*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_8 in both standard-supfile and stable-supfile

Chris Rees utisoft at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 18:46:13 UTC 2010

On 16 November 2010 18:09,  <pigskinwhitehat at icqmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering why both the stable & standard supfiles on FreeBSD-8.1 /
> amd64 both have the exact release tag:
>
> *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_8
>
> Shouldn't they be different? What would be the correct tab for each supfile
> respectively?

On my machine, it's not; they're different (and I have RELENG_8_1).

However, if you checkout RELENG_8 then standard-supfile will be for
RELENG_8 which is the same for STABLE, so I assume you've actually
checked out RELENG_8, not RELENG_8_1. Were you to checkout RELENG_8_1
you'd have that tag in standard-supfile.

If you get what I mean... I'm supposed to be a teacher too!

Chris