Is ZFS ready for prime time?

Devin Teske dteske at vicor.com
Mon Nov 15 20:11:04 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-15 at 20:33 +0100, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

> > please elaborate
> look at archives. i really don't want to repeat the same many times.
> And anyone that actually have clue about what is computer, disk drive,
> reliability and algorithms and can think - after reading how ZFS is
> designed will understand that.

Sounds like FUD.

Like the OP, I too am interested in the current state of ZFS. We've been
following the threads as far as build 28, and I do indeed see positive
improvement and continued development. However, is anyone that is
actively involved in the project able to provide a snapshot opinion of
the production readiness of ZFS for enterprise deployment?

If the opinion is that ZFS is not ready for production, are there any
technical explanations as to the efficacy or lack thereof rather than
the above philosophical FUD which implores the OP to pour over massive
archives (which can paint an inverse picture because the archives are
usually filled with a higher number of issues than success stories --
which is true of nearly ANY mailing-list)?
--
Cheers,
Devin Teske

-> CONTACT INFORMATION <-
Business Solutions Consultant II
FIS - fisglobal.com
510-735-5650 Mobile
510-621-2038 Office
510-621-2020 Office Fax
909-477-4578 Home/Fax
devin.teske at fisglobal.com

-> LEGAL DISCLAIMER <-
This message  contains confidential  and proprietary  information
of the sender,  and is intended only for the person(s) to whom it
is addressed. Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by any
other person  is strictly prohibited.  If you have  received this
message in error,  please notify  the e-mail sender  immediately,
and delete the original message without making a copy.

-> FUN STUFF <-
http://www.geekcode.com/

-> END TRANSMISSION <-