FreeBSD on Rackspace Could

Bruce Cran bruce at cran.org.uk
Sat Nov 13 14:05:50 UTC 2010

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 14:57:13 +0100 (CET)
Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:

> the ideal solution is not to use VM-style services at all.
> i'm not sure in what country you live but getting a place with usable
> network where you can put your own computer isn't even a problem in
> Poland which is said to have poor connectivity

It's not necessarily ideal due to cost and power usage: VMs are
substantially cheaper and utilise the host machine a lot more
efficiently. For example with the company I use, a dedicated server
costs £60 per month to host whereas a VM is just £15.  Hosting on a
DSL line is out of the question due to both latency and reliability.

--
Bruce Cran