apache13 to apache22

Fbsd8 fbsd8 at a1poweruser.com
Tue Nov 9 20:08:01 UTC 2010

Frank Shute wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 02:18:19PM -0500, Fbsd8 wrote:
>> As I do a complete fresh install of 8.1 I saw that apache13 is no longer
>> being supported, so thought this is the time I will move to apache22.
>>
>> Now everything went real easy until testing my websites. In apache13 the
>> .css (style sheet) calls for a blue background. The .css file is in the
>> same directory as the html files making up the website. In apache13 I
>> got the blue background but in apache22 I get a white background. I
>> checked the apache22 htppd.config file for any info on css but found none.
>>
>> Are .css (style sheet) handled differently in apache22?
>
> AFAIK they're not.
>
> It sounds like the stylesheet isn't being served up (white background
> is default).
>
> Examine the apache error log. By default it's in /var/log. Also look
> in the regular apache log and it could be the stylesheet is getting a
> 404.
>
> Is server root the same in httpd.conf for 2.2 as it is for 1.3? Could
> be the cause of the problem. 2.2 uses a different root by default
> IIRC.
>

> Regards,

This is part of my config file.

ServerRoot "/usr/local"
Listen 6680
DocumentRoot "/usr/local/www/apache22/data"
<Directory />
     AllowOverride None
     Order deny,allow
     Deny from all
</Directory>

<Directory "/usr/local/www/apache22/data">
Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews
AllowOverride None
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>

<IfModule alias_module>
     Alias /FBSD_manuals/ "/usr/local/share/doc/"

     <Directory "/usr/local/share/doc">
         Options Indexes FollowSymlinks MultiViews
         AllowOverride None
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
     </Directory>
</IfModule>

Here are messages from the access-log.
"GET /index.php/00.00-web_style_sheet.css HTTP/1.1" 200 6839
"GET /index.php/powered_by_apache_bsd.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 6839
"GET /index.php/powered_by_FreeBSD.gif HTTP/1.1" 200 6839

You can see that apache22 is saying the .css and the 2 .gif have been
served up, but the browser has white background instead of blue and the
2 gif images are missing from the displayed web page. Now this is a
working website that displays correctly on apache13 so i know there is
nothing wrong with the directory content.

The alias website has the .css file in the same directory and it
displays correctly.

What am I overlooking here?