py-gtk install hangs

Chris Brennan xaero at xaerolimit.net
Mon Nov 8 01:38:40 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 8:26 PM, Chip Camden <sterling at camdensoftware.com>wrote:

> Quoth Chris Brennan on Sunday, 07 November 2010:
> > On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 8:10 PM, Chip Camden <sterling at camdensoftware.com
> >wrote:
> >

> > > I just tried it, and mine is hung there now.  Not drawing any apparent
> > > processor or disk load.  I'll leave it sitting there and see what else
> > > can figure out.
> > >
> > > It's actually in the configure phase of the ORBit port, on which py-gtk
> > > apparently depends.
> > >

> > I just looked at my ports and I only see this....
> >
> > Port:   x11-toolkits/py-gtkscintilla
> > Moved:
> > Date:   2009-11-30
> > Reason: Has expired: no longer under development, last release in 2002
> >

> ???
>
> I have x11-toolkits/py-gtk, among others.  Are you doing a directory
> listing of /usr/ports/x11-toolkits, or are you obtaining this information
> some other way?

"cd /usr/ports; make search name=py-gtk" and it returned one result ... are
you using an up to date snapshot? try 'portsnap fetch extract update'

incidentally if I grep the dir for py-gtk I get the following results

[root at BlackDragon [/usr/ports]# lsl x11-toolkits/ | grep py-gtk
 2 drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel   512B Oct 30 15:07 py-gtk
 2 drwxr-xr-x    3 root  wheel   512B Oct 30 15:07 py-gtk2
 2 drwxr-xr-x    2 root  wheel   512B Oct 30 15:07 py-gtkextra
 2 drwxr-xr-x    2 root  wheel   512B Oct 30 15:07 py-gtkglext
 2 drwxr-xr-x    2 root  wheel   512B Oct 30 15:07 py-gtksourceview
[root at BlackDragon [/usr/ports]#

for shiggles, I shall try and build it manually and see where I get on this
.... if more then one of us do encounter the same stop then something
upstream must be broke and we should try and track down where and report it
to the port maintainer.

Did you know...

If you play a Windows 2000 CD backwards, you hear satanic messages,
but what's worse is when you play it forward....
                                      ...it installs Windows 2000

   -- Alfred Perlstein on chat at freebsd.org