OK, now perl won't install...

Ron (Lists) rg.lists at rzweb.com
Sun Nov 7 21:23:00 UTC 2010

Based on advice to switch to portmaster from portupgrade, I am now
having a problem with perl. When I went to upgrade a perl package, it
re-installed perl, but fail (and removed perl).  I am getting this
message:

===>  perl-5.8.9_3 : Your apache does not support DSO modules.

I have tried to configure and upgrade apache but get this message;

/usr/local/sbin/apxs: not found
"/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.apache.mk", line 245: warning:
"/usr/local/sbin/apxs -q MPM_NAME" returned non-zero status

How do I upgrade apache (or is this something else going wrong)?

Help!  My system is really screwed up without perl running.

Ron