Anybody know apt-get ?

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 16:35:12 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 9:58 AM, John Levine <johnl at iecc.com> wrote:

> In article <24360.1289127112 at tristatelogic.com> you write:
> >I need to get sources for the Linux version of certain programs that
> >reside in a package called "bsdutils".
>
> So get them, already.  No need to screw around with Linux binary
> installers, particularly not on the FreeBSD list:
>
> http://packages.debian.org/lenny/bsdutils

Of course you're correct for what the OP is doing but actually in way this a
kind of a cool idea.  If you could modify the apt-get installer to know
FreeBSD's linux compat layout and brand the binaries appropriately you would
have a fabously easy method of installing linux bins although I guess you'd
have better luck doing it yum rather than apt-get.

--
Adam Vande More