ZFS License and Future

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sun Nov 7 03:12:08 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Chip" == Chip Camden <sterling at camdensoftware.com> writes:

Chip> The one in that list that worries me the most is VirtualBox -- that's a
Chip> truly useful solution that isn't easily replaced.  But I read somewhere
Chip> that there was a movement gaining steam to break off from Oracle.

When I interviewed the VirtualBox guys for FLOSS Weekly
(http://twit.tv/floss130), they seemed pretty confident that Oracle was
going to keep fairly "hands off", in a way that was starkly contrasted
with some of the other former-Sun project leaders I've spoken to.
(Ugh, too early to fix the tortured english... I hope you get the point.)