update issue

Istvan Galgand igalgand at freemail.hu
Sat Nov 6 11:45:51 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I regularly update my ports tree using portsnap fetch/update followed
by portmanager -u commands. (Not forgetting to check the content of
/usr/ports/UPDATING file.) It seems that some of the stuff
can't be downloaded from the servers, so the update process is not
finished successfully. I found that this problem is caused by pciids-20101005
 and v4l_compat-1.0.20101027. They can't be retrieved from the servers or
'operation is not permitted'. These are the very last messages of my
portmanager -u command:

skipping pciids-20101005 /misc/pciids marked IGNORE reason: failed during
make fetch
skipping libpciaccess-0.12.0 /devel/libpciaccess until dependency
pciids-20101020 updated
skipping v4l_compat-1.0.20100403_1 /multimedia/v4l_compat marked IGNORE
reason: failed during make fetch
skipping hal-0.5.14_9 /sysutils/hal until dependency
v4l_compat-1.0.20101027 updated
skipping gstreamer-plugins-v4l2-0.10.25,3
/multimedia/gstreamer-plugins-v4l2 until dependency
v4l_compat-1.0.20101027 updated
skipping webcamd-0.1.16 /multimedia/webcamd until dependency
v4l_compat-1.0.20101027 updated
skipping libv4l-0.6.4 /multimedia/libv4l until dependency
v4l_compat-1.0.20101027 updated
skipping pwcview-1.4.1_3 /multimedia/pwcview until dependency
v4l_compat-1.0.20101027 updated

I missed something important, I am afraid. Could anyone be so kind as to provide
me with an idea, what happened to my system and how to mitigate the issue,
please?

Istvan

--
This mail was sent by Mutt-1.4.2.3_5,