SSHgaurd and PF

Rob Farmer rfarmer at predatorlabs.net
Tue Nov 2 18:49:00 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 11:42, Justin V. <vic at yeaguy.com> wrote:
> So i added this:
>
> auth.info;authpriv.info;ftp.info                /var/log/auth.log
>

> This is existing:
>
> ftp.info                                        /var/log/xferlog
>

> I see my failed attempts going to auth.log and sshguard is still not
> blocking or logging..
>
> I restarted both syslog and sshguard.. I feel like we are almost there
>

> thanks,
>
> jv

Great - then try:

ftp.info                         |exec /usr/local/sbin/sshguard

in your /etc/syslog.conf (don't forget to restart syslog) and it
should be working - I'm not sure what the threshold for sshguard to
block someone is, but you could test it  - just make sure you have a
way to get back in if it works and your IP is blocked (or wait for the
next script kiddie).

--
Rob Farmer