problems installing php (php5-spl) with portmaster

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Tue Nov 2 01:41:37 UTC 2010

>portupgrade.  However, I just unregistered php5-spl, because its no longer
>necessary.  I believe php5-spl and php5-pcre are now integrated into PHP-5.3
>by default.

Yes and no.  pcre depends on the separate pcre package, and php will fail
in baffling ways is your pcre is too old.

The maintainer of the php port is aware of this but has declined both
to make a one-line change to the Makefile to use the bundled pcre
package, or an alternate one-line change to document the version
dependency.

R's,
John