Media streaming

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Fri May 28 00:25:23 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 6:14 PM, Graeme Dargie <arab at tangerine-army.co.uk>wrote:

> Okies well so far I have tried mediatomb, the TV sees the server but
> gives the same message as with ushare "this server does not support" be
> useful if it said what it didn't support but there we go.

I've used mediatomb fairly regularly.  I stream to my ps3 and it works quite
well but it is quite picky about format of the video.  Check to make sure
yours meets the specs.  I don't know of anything that does transcoding
"on-demand" if I understand your desires correctly.  The video must be in
the correct format to be streamed.  Finding the "correct format" required
trial and error and a lot of time.  I suggest splitting off like 30 secs of
a file and getting that work.  After that, you can re-encode the files you
want streamed.

--
Adam Vande More