HM55

Chip Camden sterling at camdensoftware.com
Fri May 21 18:39:34 UTC 2010

I'm posting about this issue again now that I know more about what I'm
talking about.

My ASUS notebook has integrated Intel HD graphics in the HM55 chipset.
The intel driver for Xorg does not recognize it.  I have tried hacking
the device ID (0x0046) into the various supplied Intel drivers, with no
luck.  Is anyone working on supporting this chipset?  How can I help?  I
haven't written a device driver in more than 20 years, but I'd be willing
to try if someone can point me in the right direction.  As it stands, I
have to use the vesa driver, which doesn't make good use of my screen
real estate.

Regards,
--
Sterling (Chip) Camden | camdensoftware.com | chipstips.com | chipsquips.com