"real time" files mirroring ?

Brandon Gooch jamesbrandongooch at gmail.com
Thu May 20 14:53:18 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Frank Bonnet <f.bonnet at esiee.fr> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm searching for a software that could perform some kind of real time
> mirroring between two (or more) freebsd servers.
>
> My meaning is to keep up to date some files ( flat and db maps ) used by
> Postfix on our MX servers and propagate every change of one or more
> files to all the others.

Back in 2008, Ivan Voras wrote a rather simple daemon that fits this need:

http://blogs.freebsdish.org/ivoras/2008/06/08/weekend-hack-adfsd-a-kqueue-assisted-rsync-tool/

http://ivoras.sharanet.org/stuff/adfs.tgz

I'm not sure about the status of the code (in regard to compiling and
working with 8.x or HEAD), but it's worth a shot. I remember trying it
out last year and it worked well for the small-ish project I had
going.

Ivan may have an informed comment or two to provide as well...

-Brandon