Zpool import failure, metadata checksum fails 8.0-RELEASE

Joseph Lenox lordofhyphens at gmail.com
Thu May 20 06:18:11 UTC 2010

Hello, all--

An unexpected powercycle apparently introduced (thanks to my system's
RAID controller) metadata checksum errors on the system. Attempts to
import that pool on any system hangs the command (such that it cannot
even be killed).

I tried pulling out the OpenSolaris (2009.07) cd that I had on-hand, but
the livecd couldn't find any of the pools in the system--so no help there.

I'm certain a scrub will fix the metadata problems (with or without
dataloss, the data isn't critical enough to worry about losing a file or
ten -- losing everything is more of a pain).

Anyone have any ideas for how I can get this pool fixed? I'm working on
getting 8.0-STABLE sources downloaded (via cvsup) for testing.

--Joseph Lenox