glabel nor tunefs save my labels

David DEMELIER demelier.david at gmail.com
Tue May 11 17:08:42 UTC 2010

Thanks for all your answers.

markand at Melon ~ $ sudo tunefs -p /dev/ad0s1f
tunefs: POSIX.1e ACLs: (-a)                                disabled
tunefs: NFSv4 ACLs: (-N)                                   disabled
tunefs: MAC multilabel: (-l)                               disabled
tunefs: soft updates: (-n)                                 enabled
tunefs: gjournal: (-J)                                     disabled
tunefs: maximum blocks per file in a cylinder group: (-e)  2048
tunefs: average file size: (-f)                            16384
tunefs: average number of files in a directory: (-s)       64
tunefs: minimum percentage of free space: (-m)             8%
tunefs: optimization preference: (-o)                      time
tunefs: volume label: (-L)                                 usr

It's weird, as you can see the label is set but nothing in /dev/label,
/dev/ufs, /dev/vol !

About blanking the MBR, I will do it when 8.1-RELEASE will be
released, I don't want to rewrite my partition table for the moment.
It's not a serious problem.

Cheers.