X is broken after upgrade

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Mon May 3 12:12:50 UTC 2010

A little sidenote, maybe useful for further debugging:

On Mon, 3 May 2010 11:57:08 +0100, Jamie Griffin <jg at fantomatic.co.uk> wrote:
> > > /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/intel_drv.so:
> > > Undefinded symbol "xf86LoaderReqSymLists"
>
> > Among other things, it means you transcribed the message by hand
> > instead of copy-pasting it :)
>
> I did, you're right. With no X i'm working from the console so had no
> other option. :-)

If you have moused enabled, you can select text with the left
mouse button, and insert text with the middle mouse button.
If you don't have a middle mouse button, press the wheel down.
If you don't have a wheel, press the left and the right mouse
button at the same time.

You can easily use two virtual terminals in text mode - one with
the error message, the other one with an editor - to copy the
error message without needing to use the usual means of output
redirection.

> > You seem to have a missing shared-library (runtime) dependency.
> > Perhaps one of your X libs didn't get upgraded?
>
> What could I do to fix that, do you kno

According to the error message, mentioning "/usr/local/lib/xorg/
modules/drivers/intel_drv.so", I would think a modular component
of xorg, maybe the "drivers" component, or a specific kernel
module (for Intel video) needs a separate update.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany