Cannot load library /usr/local/kde4/lib/kde4/konq_aboutpage.so:

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 22:21:21 UTC 2010

Dear fellow FreeBSD users,

I have installed FreeBSD 8.0 and updated it to current p2

I try to use konqueror and I get

There was an error loading the module About-Page for Konqueror.
The diagnostics is:
Cannot load library /usr/local/kde4/lib/kde4/konq_aboutpage.so:
(Shared object "libjpeg.so.10" not found, required by "libkhtml.so.7")

I tried to install some ports and TeXLive from GoogleGroups page by
Romain, but apparently was unsuccessful.

I tried to install kile, and k3b and both not work because of error4
similar to the one konqueror gives.  As regular user I cannot launch
terminal, I have to run as root in the meantime, is there any way to
fix this?

I have run FreeBSD before, with the release prior to jumping on KDE
4.X bandwagon, but my hardrive went down and stopped using it.

Thanks for any advice given to fix these issues.

Regards,

Antonio