Custom Kernel to Memory Stick

Jay Hall jhall at socket.net
Mon Mar 29 19:14:14 UTC 2010

On Mar 29, 2010, at 10:49 AM, Jay Hall wrote:

> What would be the best way to get our custom configuration onto the
> memory stick?

Ladies and Gentlemen,

This is what I have done, but now I cannot mount the memory stick.

I create an image of the s1a partition where the kernel I want to copy
resides
	dd if=/dev/ad0s1a of=/home/hallja/s1aimage bs=2048k

After preparing the memory stick I use the following command to
transfer the image to the memory stick
	dd if=/home/hallja/ s1aimage of=/dev/da0s1a bs=2048k

I am able to mount the memory stick without any problem before I add
the image.  After adding the image, I try to mount the memory stick
using

mount /dev/da0s1a /mnt1

And, I receive the following message

mount: /dev/da0s1a : Operation not permitted

Thanks,

Jay