Marvell Yukon Driver for Hp notebook??

Kaya Saman SamanKaya at netscape.net
Sun Mar 28 18:53:15 UTC 2010

Hi guys,

I've just performed a clean install of FreeBSD 8.0 on my system which is
a triple boot with Win 7 and Ubuntu Linux.

I did a bit of Google'ing on this subject and found various people
asking the same question only for much older versions of BSD.....

What I have found out so far is that the driver is called msk0 I am
guessing as on my other fairly similar Hp in Solaris the driver is named
myk0 by the official Marvell driver. Ok different OS different name -
possible and more then likely! :-)

Anyhow, I just would like to know since so far my system is blind deaf
and dumb, as I have no network access at all and as result no GUI as I
will build it from ports; which driver I'd need and also how to install
it in the machine???

With my other system and Solaris the trick was to use a USB key, of
which of course the GUI was in full operation making my life a little
easier then having to use the CLI to discover then mount the drive.

Has anyone got any suggestions??

I have the CD1 x86_64 edition of media :-)

Many thanks,

Kaya