multicast support and mgen

gahn ipfreak at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 16:48:19 UTC 2010

Hi, all:

I am trying to get mgen to work my freebsd 7.2 box. the customized kernel has "options   MROUTING" compiled in. Assume that would make sure the kernel support multicast traffic

the mgen seems to be working fine with any unicast address it can reach. but it just doesn't bind the multicast group address to its socket:

user at lab:~/scripts:$ mgen event "ON  1 UDP DST 225.0.0.1/3000 PERIODIC [10 64] INTERFACE bge0 TTL 32"
mgen: version 4.2b6
mgen: starting now ...
16:46:01.651464 START
MgenFlow::OnTxTimeout() socket_item->SendTo() error: Network is unreachable
MgenFlow::OnTxTimeout() socket_item->SendTo() error: Network is unreachable
MgenFlow::OnTxTimeout() socket_item->SendTo() error: Network is unreachable
MgenFlow::OnTxTimeout() socket_item->SendTo() error: Network is unreachable
MgenFlow::OnTxTimeout() socket_item->SendTo() error: Network is unreachable

any gurus here have any ideas on this issue?