popd to send Mail to a Mac; I Really Appreciate this list.

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Fri Mar 26 15:11:42 UTC 2010

	It looks like imap is more suitable for what I am trying
to do than pop. There may be a slight issue in the fact that I
use .forward to trigger procmail which has the effect of
instantly snatching up every piece of incoming mail and putting
it in to a nmh folder that resides in /home/%user/Mail/%folder
which means /var/mail is always empty. I just created another
user which won't have any .forward or procmail attention.
Forwarding messages to this user will make them hang in
/var/mail/%user and those should be available to imap.

	On the Mac, I will be reading that user's mail via imap
to retrieve the messages.

Martin McCormick