popd to send Mail to a Mac

Olivier Nicole Olivier.Nicole at cs.ait.ac.th
Fri Mar 26 01:33:47 UTC 2010

Hi,

> Mail comes in and I read it. One message has a 20-mile-long url
> to a javascrypt-infested web site that lynx can't handle. I
> should forward this message to the Mac and there, I can use
> safari  to handle that message.

You do not forward anything via pop.

Instead you filter and save the message to a mailbox.

You have popd on your FreeBSD machine set-up to serve this mailbox.

On your Mac you use a mail client, that read the mailbox with pop.

Pop is a pull service: the client is requesting to read the new
messages. You should be able to configure your mail client to search
for new messages every now and then, but that will still be initiates
by the client.

Bests,

Olivier