Flash sometimes freezes firefox, also many npviewer.bin processes left running around

Steve Franks bahamasfranks at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 20:05:25 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 1:37 AM, Alexandre L. <axelbsd at ymail.com> wrote:
> No, the addon called "NoScript" is used to block JavaScript, Flash and co. But here the problem is the npviewer and/or the Flash plugin that is/are buggy.
> If you want to see a video on Youtube for example, you must allow JavaScript and Flash for Youtube in "NoScript". Otherwise you can't see the video.
> I use this addon in Firefox 3.6 to block unwanted scripts but when I use Flash I got the same problem.

Well, yeah.  But if it's blocked, it doesn't get run, and if it
doesn't run, it doesn't consume 100% of your cpu.  I find it's usually
advertisements anyway.  If you really need to watch a youtube, you
click the noscript icon and unblock it, then when you're done, you
execute killall npviewer.bin.  That's the best solution I've found
yet, and it bites, just like flash bites, and gnash bites, all in
their own extra special way.

Steve