Flash sometimes freezes firefox, also many npviewer.bin processes left running around

Jeff Laine wtf.jlaine at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 08:36:40 UTC 2010

On Mon,22-03-2010 [17:41:16], Steve Franks wrote:
> /usr/ports/www/xpi-noscript is another option, not without caveats...
>
> Steve
>

> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Yuri <yuri at rawbw.com> wrote:
> > Sometimes after some flash object is displayed firefox gets frozen for many
> > few seconds,maybe ~20sec.
> > Do you see the same? Is there anyfix for this?
> >
> > In additions I have 54 processes like this one
> > 50006  ??  I      0:00.00
> > /usr/local/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer.bin --plugin
> > /usr/local/lib/linux-mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so --connection
> > hanging around even after firefox process exits.
> >
> > linux-f10-flashplugin-10.0r45
> > nspluginwrapper-1.2.2_5
> > firefox-3.5.8,1
> >
> > Yuri

Hi!

There was a workaround for this issue published by DutchDaemon on forums.freebsd.org.
I'm too lazy today to seek for that thread, sorry :)
What he suggested is a simple cronjob script intended to constantly check process list and
kill any single remaining proccess of npviewer.bin
It works, but you should check every minute or so.

--
Best regards,
Jeff

| "Nobody wants to say how this works.	|
|  Maybe nobody knows ..."		|
|  			Xorg.conf(5)	|