Spamassasin, sendmail, Postfix

Jorge Biquez jbiquez at icsmx.com
Sun Mar 21 20:17:51 UTC 2010

Hello all.

I have been talking with a Linux guy  (you know the never ending kind
of war, my Linuxreligion is better than your Freebsdreligion, easier
to install , upgrade blah  blah blah). Anyway, talking about the best
option for filtering spam and having an email solution for personal
simple use (small office, 3-4 people) that sendmail could be the
simples and the best option to follow, with some rules like spamcop,
rbl , etc, could be fine. I said that I am not sure but that even
spamassin could be configured to run under send mail or if that does
not work that to move from sendmail to another could be the solution
and not so difficult, like postfix. Am I wrong? could be that
movement easy to do? I mean to move from sendmail to postfix to be
able to have spamassasin run. Or it is better to have that solution
(have mail server with spam filters) could be get with some other mix
of software and tools? (of course my linux friend says that they have
rpm's ready to solve that even when do not know how it works, not
interested in that)

Can you comment on your experience to accomplish this?

Thank in advance and I am sorry if this sound too basic.

Jorge Biquez