POP3 , Inetd and Handbook.

Jorge Biquez jbiquez at icsmx.com
Tue Mar 16 16:48:33 UTC 2010

Hello all.

I'm sorry if this sounds too stupid or basic.

I moved from 4.3 to latest version and it is working fine. On $.x I
used to have inedt active since services are basic. On new system
inedt did not active service immediately (not here at least) so I
enable the service like "ftpd" on rc.conf

POP3. I remember I read in the list that inetd is not so secure (am I
wrong?) and that if possible should not be used but since I need
services up I used that way. Now before studying what's the best way
to do things I need to have a pop3 deamon running. I installed from
ports popper but and qpopper but it does not work. What's the daemon
for popper ? It will worlk if I enable it in rc.conf.?

Inetdd. I want to learn all teh new features (left the path more than
a year) so I do not want that you solve my problem, but if you can
point me to where and what study to learn the changes done and the
best way to have secure and working systems I would apreciate it. I
am reading Handbook now.

On Handbook. Is a PDF copy available?. Believe it or not sometime I
can find access to the internet and I would like to be stuyding on
those times also.

Thanks in advance.

Jorge Biquez