building from source after freebsd-update

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Sun Mar 14 03:59:01 UTC 2010

On Mar 13, 2010, at 7:37 PM, johnea wrote:
> I have been using freebsd-update to update several 7.1 systems.
> [ ... ]
> How can I build the source updated by freebsd-update?

freebsd-update provides a binary update mechanism.

It doesn't do anything to update the source files; if you choose to rebuild from source, use cvsup/csup/svn; you will normally get a -STABLE system from the build cycle, and not a -RELEASE system, but that depends upon which branch you are tracking.

Regards,
--
-Chuck