how to use cdrecord

Programmer In Training pit at joseph-a-nagy-jr.us
Sun Mar 14 03:46:27 UTC 2010

On 03/13/10 21:35, Chris Hill wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Mar 2010, Aiza wrote:
>
> [snip]
>> tried cdrecord -v speed=2 dev=acd0 blank=fast
>> gives this error "Open by devname not supported on this OS.
>>
>> What device am i to use?
>
> cdrecord wants to see your ATA burner as a SCSI device, so you'd use
>   cdrecord dev=1,0,0 ...
> The numbers after dev= depend on where your burner is; find it using
>   cdrecord -scanbus
>
> HTH.

I started following as I'll be burning cd's here soon myself, following
your suggestion:

[root at heaven]cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01 (i386-unknown-freebsd8.0) Copyright (C) 1995-2004
J�g Schilling
cdrecord: Invalid argument. CAMIOCOMMAND ioctl failed. Cannot open SCSI
driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.

So I did this:

[root at heaven]dmesg -a | grep acd
acd0: DMA limited to UDMA33, controller found non-ATA66 cable
acd0: DVDR <HP DVD Writer 1040r/MH21> at ata1-master UDMA33

Thoughts?
--
Yours In Christ,

PIT
Original content copyright under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org
Please do not CC me. If I'm posting to a list it is because I am subscribed.