problems w/ touching all files?

Richard DeLaurell richard.delaurell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 17:28:55 UTC 2010

I made a big mistake the upshot of which is that many of my files (including
many port/makefiles) have the wrong date.

As a result, I get a lot of failures when trying to install from ports.

I can get around it by temporarily setting the date, building the port, then
resetting the date, but it is still inconvenient.

I would rather not do a clean install at this point, but am wondering if
"touching" all of the files on my system would solve this problem WITHOUT
creating any new ones?

If it would, what might those new complications be?

As I say, it is not mission-critical at this point, but it would be helpful
to fix this.

Thanks for any help.

Richard DeLaurell