Advice request: DSL modem

Matthew Law matt at webcontracts.co.uk
Thu Mar 11 11:52:35 UTC 2010

Mike,

I use a Draytek Vigor 120 (I'm in the UK, but it most certainly will work
for you aswell).  This is a self-contained ADSL modem that presents a
PPPoE interface to your PC or server via a conventional RJ45 connector.
It is painless and past firmware hiccups accepted, performs very well
indeed.

http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/vigor120.html

I use it in preference to anything because it does not get you embroiled
in PCI device driver support and it doesn't NAT or otherwise screw with
the conenction - you get 'the internet' and nothing more.

The only downside is it is not cheap.  I think I paid around 50 GBP.

Best regards,

Matt.